North Pemiscot Co. R-I
Example Zoom search template page
P 2653 Student Participation in Secret Organizations and Gangs
The Board of Education prohibits membership in secret fraternities or sororities, or in other clubs or gangs not sponsored by established agencies or organizations recognized by the School District.
The Board of Education feels that the presence of gangs and gang activities can cause a substantial disruption of or material interference with school and school activities. A "gang" as defined in this policy is any group of two or more persons whose purposes include the commission of illegal acts. By this policy, the Board of Education acts to prohibit existence of gangs and gang activities as follows:
No student on or about school property or at any school activity:
- Shall wear, possess, use, distribute, display, or sell any clothing, jewelry, emblem, badge, symbol, sign, or other things which are evidence of membership or affiliation in any gang.
- Shall commit any act or omission or use any speech either verbal or non-verbal (gestures, handshakes, etc.) showing membership or affiliation in a gang.
- Shall use any speech or commit any act or omission in furtherance of the interests of any gang or gang activity, including but not limited to:
- Soliciting others for membership in any gangs.
- Requesting any person to pay protection or otherwise intimidating or threatening any person.
- Committing any other illegal act or other violation of school District policies.
- Inciting other students to act with physical violence upon any other person.
Date Modified: September 2006