North Pemiscot Co. R-I
Example Zoom search template page
R 1620 Private, State and Federal Funding
Steps to be followed in securing grants are:
- Identify a significant District problem or need for program improvement that may be helped through outside funds.
- Match the need or problem with a funding source that subscribes to a relevant purpose.
- Study the background, resources, and funding prospects of the agency.
- Clear with the Superintendent the general idea for a proposal.
- Involve prospective participants in planning for a proposal. Secure parents' written permission if children are to be involved in experimental types of instruction.
- Prepare the application, using the format and following the timeline prescribed by the funding agency.
- Discuss the funding of personnel, including the project director, with the Personnel Director, making sure to apply for full outside funding of all fringe benefits, including unemployment insurance.
- Submit copies as required to the Superintendent for recommendation to the Board for approval.
- If approved, complete the process of submission to the funding agency and its subsidiaries as required, with copies provided to participants.
Date Modified: January 2003