North Pemiscot Co. R-I
Example Zoom search template page
R 0321 School Board Officers
It shall be the duty of the President to:
- Preside when present at all Board meetings.
- Appoint special committees of the Board. There shall be no standing committees.
- Sign all warrants ordered drawn by the Board.
- Sign all contracts or documents as appropriate by virtue of approval of the Board or by virtue of holder if the office of President.
- Call special meetings of the Board when in the President's judgment meetings are necessary.
- Perform any other duties authorized by the Board or by State law.
It shall be the duty of the Vice-President to perform all the duties of the President in case of the absence or disability of the President.
It shall be the duty of the Secretary to:
- Keep a complete, accurate and regular record of all proceedings of all regular and special meetings of the Board of Education.
- Post all notices required by law when duly ordered by the Board.
- Make and file all reports as required by law.
- To be present at all regular and special meetings of the Board.
- Sign all documents, orders, and reports required by law or as appropriate after approval of the Board.
- Receive and acknowledge official correspondence of the Board.
- Preside at meeting of the Board if both President and Vice-President are absent until a president Pro Tem can be chosen, or if a quorum is present.
- Perform all other duties as authorized by the Board or State law.
It shall be the duty of the Treasurer to:
- Act as custodian of all moneys belonging to the School District.
- Sign all checks paid by the Board of Education.
Date Modified: January 2003